Use this handy list of historic inns, grouped by region, to find the ideal accommodation for your Florida vacation, or business trip. One click takes you directly to the inn’s website or a personal review by Julie Blomquist. Don’t find what you’re looking for? Send a message to Julie@HistoricFloridaInns.com.
(NR) indicates that the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Note: Inclusion on this list does not necessarily indicate an endorsement of the lodging.
Go to Reviews for personal, objective reviews of Florida inns and bed-and-breakfasts.
- Addison on Amelia, three antebellum-style buildings in seaside village; one built in 1876.
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, 1890s Nantucket-style boutique hotel on Atlantic Ocean. Restaurant.
- Fairbanks House (NR), 1885 Italianate villa in seaside village of Fernandina Beach.
- Florida House Inn, Victorian inn, built as a boarding house in 1857. Bar and restaurant.
- Hoyt House, Modeled in 1905 after the Rockefeller Cottage. Pool and English pub for guests only.
- Williams House, two mansions from the 1800s and a third modern building.
- Camellia Rose Inn, house and cottage, near downtown, 2 miles from UF
- Magnolia Plantation, Victorian Painted Lady with three stories and 10 fireplaces; several cottages.
- Sweetwater Branch Inn , historic inn (NR), cottages, gardens, restaurant
Green Cove Springs
- River Park Inn, small town B&B on St. Johns River, near St. Augustine and Jacksonville. Restored 1880s home.
- Jenks House, built in 1925 in Prairie School style. 2 rooms.
- Riverdale Inn, large Victorian-style home in historic neighborhood, half-mile from a riverfront park. Tea room and pub.
- Herlong Mansion (NR) impressive “Gone With the Wind”-style Southern mansion fronted by 4 huge columns, located on rolling green lawn.
- Agustin Inn
- Alexander Homestead
- At Journey’s End, 5-room inn in quiet downtown neighborhood with deck and front porch. Suite in Carriage House.
- Bayfront Marin, in historic district, across from Matanzas Bay and Bridge of Lions.
- Bayfront Westcott,, on the bay near Bridge of Lions.
- Carriage Way, steps from St. George St. outdoor mall; cottage sleeps 6.
- Casa de Solana, built 1763, 10-room inn with lush courtyard.
- Centennial House, (NR), oversized whirlpools, gas fireplaces and robes in rooms.
- Kenwood Inn
- Inn on Charlotte, built in 1918, steps from the bayfront; private room in Carriage House behind inn.
- Old Powder House Inn
- Peace & Plenty
- Penny Farthing, Victorian, built in 1897.
- St. Francis (NR), built 1791, walled yard, lush gardens.
- Saragossa Inn
Read Review »
- Apalachicola River Inn, riverfront, two restaurants and lounge.
- Coombs House Inn, three Victorian mansions
- House of Tartts , Classic Revival guest house and carriage house
- Old Carrabelle Hotel, 1880 inn, small town with no stoplights. cottage.
- Hibiscus Coffee & Guesthouse, three very different buildings, Old Florida decor, short walk to Grayton Beach.
- Grace Manor (NR), Queen Anne Victorian inn furnished with antiques.
- Grady House, bungalow with lovely gardens; also 2-story Victorian cottage.
- John Denham House (NR)
- Noble Manor, 1905 Tudor Revival inn surrounded by gardens. Carriage house suite and pool.
- Pensacola Victorian
- St. George Inn, Southern-style, one block from the beach
- Sweet Magnolia Inn, restaurant, live jazz
CENTRAL EAST COAST
- Amy’s Flower Patch Farm, rural property 20 minutes from Mount Dora. Owned by artist.
- Astor’s Floridian Inn, Old Florida inn on St. Johns River, west of Daytona Beach.
- Sundy House (NR), restaurant
- Crane Creek Inn, waterfront, pool
- Casa Coquina, on Indian River across from Kennedy Space Center, built in 1927.
- Oak Park Inn, Edwardian style inn in downtown Arcadia, built 1904 (NR).
- Town Manor on the Lake, small-town inn built in 1933, 20 minutes from Disney World.
- Kapp & Kappy Bed & Breakfast, newly opened B&B. Built 1913; renovated 2016. On half-acre downtown, 25 minutes from Disney parks. Note to handicapped: all three rooms on 2nd floor.
- Higgins House, Victorian with three guest rooms on National Register. Between Orlando and Daytona Beach.
- Park Plaza Hotel, 1922, with balconies overlooking downtown’s Park Avenue. Complimentary breakfast-in-bed. Restaurant. (Closest thing to a B&B in Winter Park.)
CENTRAL WEST COAST
Anna Maria Island
- Tarpon Lodge , 1926 landmark on gulf, Pine Island
- Cabbage Key Inn, back-to-nature resort accessible only by boat with no paved roads and no stores; historic 1930s inn and cottages.
- Everglades Historical B&B, former bank building, circa 1923, with on-site spa.
- Palmetto Riverside (NR)