Julie Blomquist, of HistoricFloridaInns.com, has personally eaten at the following restaurants, unless otherwise noted.
* indicates restaurants you definitely shouldn’t miss.
Anna Maria Island
- The Waterfront Restaurant (across from the beach, cozy)
- Beach House Restaurant (on the beach)
- Sandbar (on the beach)
- * Beach Bistro (on the beach), incredible, famed food, but be prepared to spend BEAUCOUP bucks.
- Miller’s Dockside, great waterfront location, expensive (lunch for 2, $75).
- * PJ’s Seagrille, downtown, good food, nice décor.
- * Firestone, four floors on downtown waterfront: two restaurants, dance floor and hip rooftop bar.
- * Veranda, elegant setting in two turn-of-the-20th century homes with outdoor garden.
- * Antonio’s, casual café and market downstairs; fine dining upstairs.
- Cody’s on 4th, casual breakfast and lunch spot (good quiche).
- *Goblin Market, excellent, known as one of Mount Dora’s best restaurants.
- * Mount Dora Brewing and Rocking Rabbit Brewery, great food, craft beer and talented live entertainment.
- One Flight Up Cafe, casual downtown restaurant with good food, balcony overlooking main street, entertainment at night.
New Smyrna Beach
- Harry’s Seafood, Bar & Grille, good seafood, casual, in historic downtown building.
- La Cuisine French Restaurant, recommended by innkeepers at former Seven Sisters Inn.
- * Charley’s Steakhouse, great steaks and seafood, very expensive.
- * Hawkers, tapas-style Asian; also in Jacksonville and downtown St. Pete.
- * Kres Chophouse, upscale dining, downtown Orlando.
- Wolfgang Puck Express, Disney Springs (must-have: pumpkin squash soup).
- *95 Cordova, Casa Monica Hotel, good food, exotic atmosphere
- A1A Ale Works, casual
- Columbia, part of Florida chain, reliably good food.
- Le Pavillon, German, Swiss and French food in a former B&B.
- O.C. White’s Seafood & Spirits, casual, close to Kenwood Inn.
- * Old City House Restaurant, highly recommended by fellow B&B guests, reservations a must.
- Moon Under Water, casual, reliable food at reasonable prices on Tampa Bay.
- * BellaBrava, great seafood on Tampa Bay.
- * Chart House, Longboat Key, expensive, great waterfront location.
- Barnacle Bill’s, downtown Sarasota, good selection of seafood.
- Columbia, St. Armands Circle, great open-air location on shopping circle.
- Duval’s New World Café, downtown Sarasota, good seafood.
- Thai Blossom, lunch and dinner, first floor, downtown Historic Edgewater Hotel